Hello! My name is Emily Corwin and here are some things to know about me!
- I love lists. Also bread, coffee, dresses, and lipstick.
- I live in Bloomington, Indiana with my partner, Joe and my cat, Soup.
- I am currently completing an MFA in poetry at IU Bloomington!
- As someone with chronic conditions (hip impingement, anxiety disorder, various joint issues), I write a lot about physical and psychic pain, and about fairy tales, the girly and the grotesque, longing, and magic.
- Next spring, my first full-length collection, tenderling is forthcoming from Stalking Horse Press. I have two chapbooks, darkling (Platypus Press) and My Tall Handsome (Brain Mill Press) which came out in 2016.
- I am a Midwestern girl through and through—I grew up in Michigan, went to school in Ohio, and now, I am in Indiana!
- My favorite color is pink, my favorite musician is Grouper, and my favorite flowers are dahlias.
- My current poetry inspirations: Diane Seuss, Liz Bowen, Laura Theobald, Jennifer Givhan, Vievee Francis, Kiki Petrosino, and Stacy Gnall.
- My ancestor, Jonathan Corwin, was a judge in the Salem Witch Trials.
- I just finished my year as Poetry Editor of Indiana Review, and I am looking forward to continuing my editorial work at Sundress!
Emily Corwin is an MFA candidate in poetry at Indiana University-Bloomington and the former Poetry Editor for Indiana Review. Her writing has appeared or is forthcoming in Gigantic Sequins, Day One, Hobart, Tinderbox Poetry Journal, THRUSH, and elsewhere. She has two chapbooks, My Tall Handsome (Brain Mill Press) and darkling (Platypus Press) which were published in 2016. Her first full-length collection, tenderling is forthcoming in 2018 from Stalking Horse Press. You can follow her online at @exitlessblue.
- Lyric Essentials: Sumita Chakraborty Reads Alice Oswald - December 8, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: No Other Rome by Heather Green - December 8, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: No Other Rome by Heather Green - December 7, 2021