As part of our ongoing commitment to women, nonbinary, and genderqueer authors, Sundress Publications is accepting submissions for The Wardrobe. Each week our editors will promote a single author, reprinting a selection of work from their published collection. Think of it as a kind of “Best Dressed” feature, without the tabloid snark.
- The Wardrobe is for women, nonbinary, and genderqueer writers only.
- All work must be published or forthcoming in a book or chapbook. Individual publications from journals are not eligible.
- We accept submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, hybrid, and multi-genre books. Longer pieces may be excerpted in the weekly features.
- Work must have been published within two years of submission date.
- We request that one (1) print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931. (Do let us know if you, for whatever reason, cannot send a print copy.)
- Submit via the submission form below.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for “Best Dressed” selection for one year from the submission date. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available for residents. Please note that you will only be notified if your book is chosen for inclusion in Best Dressed.
The Wardrobe’s Managing Editor is Krista Cox. Krista is a writer, activist, freelance editor, and proud barista. She’s also the managing editor of Doubleback Review, and an associate editor for Stirring: A Literary Collection.
Curators for The Wardrobe rotate on a monthly basis; please contact Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in curating future selections.
Please note that by submitting your publication to The Wardrobe, you give your permission to reprint from that publication.