As part of our ongoing commitment to women and non-binary authors, Sundress Publications is accepting submissions for a new feature called The Wardrobe. Each month, we will present a list of all participating authors and presses, and once a week, our editors will promote a single author, reprinting a selection of work from the published collection. Think of it as a kind of “Best Dressed” feature, but without all the tabloid snark.
- The Wardrobe is for women and non-binary writers only. Please note that for our purposes, “women” includes cisgender, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, and female-identified individuals.
- All work must be published or forthcoming in a book or chapbook. Individual publications from journals are not eligible.
- We accept submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and multi-genre books. Longer pieces may be excerpted in the weekly features.
- Although there is no restriction on publication date, we prefer works that have been published within the past year.
- We request that one (1) print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931. (Do let us know if you, for whatever reason, cannot send a print copy.)
- Submit via the Submission Box below.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for “Best Dressed” selection for one year. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available for review by our editors and/or affiliate journals.
The Wardrobe‘s Managing Editors are Nilsa Rivera and Erin Elizabeth Smith. Future curators will rotate.
Please note that by submitting your publication to The Wardrobe, you thereby imply your permission to reprint from that publication.