As part of our ongoing commitment to women and non-binary authors, Sundress Publications is accepting submissions for The Wardrobe. Each week our editors will promote a single author, reprinting a selection of work from their published collection. Think of it as a kind of “Best Dressed” feature but without any tabloid snark.
- The Wardrobe is for women, non-binary, and genderqueer writers only.
- All work must be published or forthcoming in a book or chapbook. Individual publications from journals are not eligible.
- We accept submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, hybrid, and multi-genre books. Longer pieces may be excerpted in the weekly features.
- Work must have been published within one year of submission date.
- We request that one (1) print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931. (Do let us know if you, for whatever reason, cannot send a print copy.)
- Submit via the Submission Box below.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for “Best Dressed” selection for one year from the submission date. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available for residents. You will only be notified if your book is chosen for selection for Best Dressed.
The Wardrobe‘s Managing Editors are Nilsa Rivera and Erin Elizabeth Smith. Future curators will rotate.
Please note that by submitting your publication to The Wardrobe, you thereby imply your permission to reprint from that publication.