As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a platform for marginalized voices, Sundress Publications is accepting submissions of published books and chapbooks that honor the following holidays:
- February 1st – February 28th, Black History Month
- February 22nd – February 28th, National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- March 6th – March 13th, Week of International Women’s Day
- March 21st – March 27th, Week of Solidarity with the Peoples Struggling Against Racism and Racial Discrimination
- April 1st – April 30th, National Autism Awareness Month, Child Abuse Awareness Month
- May 1st – May 31st, Haitian Heritage Month, Mental Health Awareness Month, Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- June 1st – June 30th, Pride Month, Caribbean American Heritage Month
We at Sundress hope to champion writers whose work highlights human struggle and challenges misconceptions. We are looking for collections that touch on the various topics encompassed above.
Authors or publishers of books published in the past twelve months may submit to The Wardrobe. To do so, please forward an electronic copy of the book (PDFs preferred), author’ bio, photo of the cover, and a link to the publisher’s website to email@example.com with the holiday of your choosing in the subject line. In addition, we request that one print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for our “Best Dressed” selection for one year. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available to our residents, staff, and workshop participants.
For the complete details and rules, please see The Wardrobe website.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Look Alive by Luiza Flynn-Goodlett - October 22, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Look Alive by Luiza Flynn-Goodlett - October 21, 2021
- Sundress Academy for the Arts Announces Winners of Spring 2022 Residency Fellowships - October 20, 2021