- Jan. 15: Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Jan. 27: International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- February: Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
- Feb. 4: World Cancer Day
- March: National Women’s History Month
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 21: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- March 21: World Poetry Day
We at Sundress hope to champion writers whose work highlights human struggle and challenges misconceptions. We are looking for work to shed some light on the various topics encompassed above.
Authors or publishers of books published in the past twelve months may submit to The Wardrobe. To do so, please forward an electronic copy of the book (PDFs preferred), author bio, photo of the cover, and a link to the publisher’s website to email@example.com with the holiday of your choosing in the subject line. In addition, we request that one print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane,Knoxville, TN 37931.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for our “Best Dressed” selection for one year. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available for review by our editors and/or affiliate journals.
For the complete details and rules, please see The Wardrobe.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Bloodwarm by Taylor Byas - October 26, 2021
- Sundress Reads: Review of Pittsburgh and the Urban League Movement: A Century of Social Service and Activism - October 25, 2021
- Interview with JoAnna Brooker, SAFTA Writer in Residence - October 25, 2021