As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a platform for marginalized voices, Sundress Publications‘ project, The Wardrobe, is accepting submissions of published collections in all genres by women and nonbinary authors that honor the following holidays:
- June 27th, PTSD Awareness Day
- June 28th – July 4th, Helen Keller Deaf-Blind Awareness Week
- July 1st – July 7th, Clean Beaches Week or Plastic Free July
- August 1st – August 7th, World Breastfeeding Week
- August 9th, International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- September 1st – September 30th, National Infant Mortality Awareness Month
- September 6th – September 12th, National Suicide Prevention Week
We at Sundress hope to champion writers whose work highlights human struggle and challenges misconceptions. We are looking for that touch on the various topics encompassed above.
Authors or publishers of books published in the past twelve months may submit to The Wardrobe. To do so, please forward an electronic copy of the book (PDFs preferred), author’ bio, photo of the cover, and a link to the publisher’s website to firstname.lastname@example.org with the holiday of your choosing in the subject line. In addition, we request that one print copy be mailed to Sundress Academy for the Arts, ATTN: The Wardrobe, 195 Tobby Hollow Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931.
Submissions to The Wardrobe will remain eligible for our “Best Dressed” selection for one year. Hard copies will become a permanent part of the Sundress Academy for the Arts library and be made available to our residency and workshop participants.
For the complete details and rules, please see The Wardrobe website.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Code by Charlotte Pence - August 10, 2020
- Sundress Reads: A Review of Facts + Figures - August 6, 2020
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: The Marriage Of The Moon and The Field by Sunni Brown Wilkinson - August 6, 2020