Sundress Publications invites contributions to support the production of beestung, a new quarterly online micro-magazine for non-binary and two-spirit writers and readers, with an emphasis on intracommunity sensibilities.
Resisting the canon and all forms of bigotry, this entirely volunteer-run magazine under the imprint of Sundress Press, a 501(c)3 non-profit will publish poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, hybrids, and art by creators who fall under the non-binary umbrella, with specific attention to historically underrepresented writers. beestung will never charge a submission fee.
What these contributions create:
- 100% of these tax-deductible donations will go to funding the quarterly.
- This will ensure that each and every one of our writers and artists get paid.
- This will help to sustain our hosting for two years as a paying outlet, with a modest budget for spreading the word about beestung.
- This gift will help ensure we never have to charge a submission fee.
- Help us fund a new home for writing that buzzes, stings, and drips with sweetness.
beestung met their first donation goal and now have a stretch goal that will allow them to publish for three full years. This stretch goal asks for an additional $499. Editor Sarah Clark said, “For an additional $499, we can publish for a third year, fee-free, paying contributors $20 each. I think sustainability is a big project for literary publications…” Thanks to generous supporters who helped them off to a promising launch, securing sustainability can now be their goal. Further donations will be used toward that end.
Who’s behind beestung?
Sarah Clark is Editor-in-Chief and Poetry Editor at Anomaly, Co-Editor of The Queer Movement Anthology (Seagull Books, 2021), a reader at The Atlas Review and Doubleback Books, and an Editorial Board member at Sundress Press. Clark has edited folios for publications, including Anomaly‘s GLITTERBRAIN folio and a folio on Indigenous & Decolonial Futures & Futurisms, Drunken Boat’s folios on Sound Art, “Desire & Interaction,” and a collection of global indigenous art and literature, First Peoples, Plural. Sarah freelances, and has worked with a number of literary and arts publications and organizations.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: 28,065 Nights by Katie Manning - January 19, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: 28,065 Nights by Katie Manning - January 18, 2021
- Sundress Academy for the Arts Presents: Poetry Xfit - January 17, 2021