An extension of Sundress Publications, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit publication group founded in 2000, the Sundress Academy for the Arts (SAFTA) is an artists’ retreat on a 45-acre farm in Knoxville, Tennessee, that offers residencies to writers, visual artists, filmmakers, composers, and other creators from across the country. With two residency rooms and a dry cabin on site, we offer a rotating space for nationally recognized and emerging artists in multiple disciplines. SAFTA also hosts weekend workshops, yearly retreats, and more.
Both positions will run from December to June with a chance to be renewed. The development research intern’s responsibilities include researching and proposing grant opportunities, coordinating with the development writing intern and other SAFTA departments, collating data, and proofreading documents. The development writing intern’s responsibilities include writing grants, coordinating with the development research intern and other SAFTA departments, collating data, and proofreading documents.
Both may also be responsible for writing copy, composing blogs, and assisting in the establishment of new programs, projects, and partnerships.
- A keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Strong online research skills
- Strong organizational, creative, problem-solving, and written communication skills
- A passion for contemporary literature and community arts programs
Knowledge of arts administration and/or grant writing a plus but not required. Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid internship, all interns gain real-world experience with a nationally recognized press and arts organization while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities. Interns will also be able to attend all workshops at the Sundress Academy for the Arts at cost.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to the Development Director, Tori Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by November 15, 2019.
- Lyric Essentials: Rogan Kelly Reads Rowan Ricardo Phillips - January 19, 2022
- Call for Submissions: A Body You Talk To: An Anthology of Contemporary Disability - January 17, 2022
- Sundress Reads: Review of Learning to Love a Western Sky - January 17, 2022