- what do you do with dead things?
do you let them linger around your life?
do you hold onto them for fleeting comfort?
i mean, fuck,why not?
it was all downhill from there anyways
- no matter how deep i manage to breathe
how many times i pinch myself
i’m yet another dead (alive) thing
one who can’t deal with myself
so i beat things into a bloody mess
- this just can’t be me
oh, but it really is me
right at the core it is me
a sloppy mess
a newly revived thing
someone who is an almost impenetrable wall
a dead (alive) thing
Vanessa Maki is a writer, artist & blk feminist whose work has appeared or will appear in various places. She has self-published chapbooks & currently has three coming out in 2020: the chosen one (Animal Heart Press) , sweet like limes (Bone & Ink Press) & decayed state (marlskarx).
Sarah Clark is Editor-in-Chief and Poetry Editor at Anomaly, Co-Editor of The Queer Movement Anthology (Seagull Books, 2021), a reader at The Atlas Review and Doubleback Books, and an Editorial Board member at Sundress Press. She’s edited folios for publications, including Anomaly‘s GLITTERBRAIN folio and a folio on Indigenous & Decolonial Futures & Futurisms, Drunken Boat’s folios on Sound Art, “Desire & Interaction,” and a collection of global indigenous art and literature, First Peoples, Plural. Sarah freelances, and has worked with a number of literary and arts publications and organizations.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: FROM THE LAKE HOUSE: A Mother’s Odyssey of Loss and Love by Kristen Rademacher - September 24, 2020
- Meet the Intern: Bayleigh Kasper - September 23, 2020
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: FROM THE LAKE HOUSE: A Mother’s Odyssey of Loss and Love by Kristen Rademacher - September 23, 2020