An extension of Sundress Publications, a 501(c)3 nonprofit publication group founded in 2000, the Sundress Academy for the Arts (SAFTA) is an artists’ residency on a 45-acre farm in Knoxville, Tennessee, that offers residencies to writers in all genres including literary, nonfiction, journalism, and academic. With two residency rooms and a dry cabin on site, we offer a rotating space for nationally recognized and emerging artists in multiple disciplines. SAFTA also hosts weekend workshops, a reading series, and yearly retreats.
This position will run for one year from your start date with a chance to be renewed the following year. The development director’s responsibilities includes working with a team of interns and other directors to research grant opportunities, draft potential grants, coordinate between SAFTA department heads, work with our budget office, and lead a team of two to four people to write, edit, and submit national, regional, and local grants.
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and written communication skills
- Familiarity with online research
- A keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- A passion for contemporary literature and community arts programs
Previous experience with arts administration and/or grant writing is greatly preferred. Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid position, all directorships with SAFTA gain real-world experience with a nationally recognized press and arts organization while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities. Directors will also be able to attend all workshops at the Sundress Academy for the Arts for free.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to Erin Elizabeth Smith at email@example.com Applications are due by August 15, 2019.
- Sundress Academy for the Arts Presents: September Poetry Xfit - September 17, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 17, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 16, 2021