Sundress Publications is Hiring
for a Graphic Design Internship
Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that have reached the end of their run. .
The design internship position will run from March to October, 2018. The design intern will assist with creating flyers & brochures, constructing graphics, book-making, etc. Responsibilities may include designing the interior and exterior of e-books, formatting manuscripts, and/or designing and editing promotional materials. Applicants must be self-motivated and be able to work on a strict deadline.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Experience with book-making, print-making, and/or letterpress
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of contemporary literature a plus
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid internship, all interns will gain real-world experience in the designing books and promotional materials for a nationally recognized press while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities. Interns will also be able to attend all workshops at the Sundress Academy for the Arts at cost.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to the Managing Editor, Erin Elizabeth Smith, at email@example.com.
For more information, visit our website at sundresspublications.com.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 27, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 26, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 25, 2023