Sundress Publications is now open for applications for our Craft Chaps Fiction Editor. Craft Chaps offers substantive essays by contemporary writers on creative writing practice. Each chap focuses on one aspect of craft and contains a writing exercise and bibliography for further reading. They are freely downloadable on our website.
Our fiction editor’s responsibilities primarily include soliciting one author for the series each year, editing the author’s craft chap, delivering the final product to the managing editor in a timely fashion, and working with the managing editor to make sure that it is released and promoted.
We are looking for applicants with the following qualities:
- Knowledge of contemporary fiction and prominent authors
- Strong editorial skills including both line edits and proofing
- Good communication skills
- Ability to self-start on projects
- Great time-management and attention to deadlines
Applicants are welcome to telecommute and therefore are not restricted to living in any particular location.
Sundress Publications is staffed entirely by volunteers, so this position, as with all positions at the press, is unpaid. Craft Chap editors will receive a small honorarium for their work each year.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to Executive Director Erin Elizabeth Smith at email@example.com. Applications are due by December 1, 2023.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Tortillera by Caridad Moro-Gronlier - November 28, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Tortillera by Caridad Moro-Gronlier - November 27, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: All Hat, No Cattle by Mariah Rigg - November 24, 2023