Knoxville, TN — The Sundress Academy for the Arts is excited to present Poetry Xfit hosted by Sam Stebbins. This generative workshop event will take place on Sunday, June 19th, 2022 from 2 to 4 pm EST via Zoom. Join us at the link tiny.utk.edu/sundress with password “safta”.
Poetry Xfit isn’t about throwing tires or heavy ropes, but the idea of confusing our muscles is the same. This generative workshop series will give you prompts, rules, obstructions, and more to write three poems in two hours. Writers will write together for thirty minutes, be invited to share new work, and then given a new set of prompts. The idea isn’t that we are writing perfect final drafts, but instead creating clay that can then be edited and turned into art later. Prose writers are also welcome to attend!
Sam Stebbins is a poet from Michigan. Her work has appeared in Anti-Heroin Chic, Barren Magazine, Cease, Cows, and elsewhere. You can find her on Twitter @samstebbins_.
While this is a free event, donations can be made to the Sundress Academy for the Arts here: https://sundress-publications.square.site/product/donate-to-sundress/107?cs=true
Our community partner for June is Nourish Knoxville. Nourish Knoxville cultivates healthy communities by supporting relationships between local farmers, producers, and the public. Known mostly for organizing downtown staple, Saturday’s Market Square Farmers Market, Nourish also operates 3 other markets in Knoxville in addition to partnering with several other markets in East Tennessee offering a variety of programs incentivizing the purchase of locally grown. Programs include:
– Double Up Food Bucks- a SNAP doubling program
– Nourish Kids- children’s programing that provides free and fun opportunities to sample local fruits and veggies and engage in the local food system
– Nourish Moves- incentivizing active lifestyles in exchange for Produce Bucks
– Nourish Wellness- a workplace wellness program working directly with employers to incentivize their employees to visit the market
To learn more about Nourish Knoxville, please visit their website at https://www.nourishknoxville.org
To donate to Nourish Knoxville, please check out https://www.nourishknoxville.org/donate/.
The Sundress Academy for the Arts (SAFTA) is a writers residency and arts collective that hosts workshops, retreats, and residencies for writers in all genres including poetry, fiction, nonfiction, journalism, academic writing, playwriting, and more.
Web: www.sundressacademyforthearts.com Facebook: SundressAcademyfortheArts
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @SundressPub
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Night Swim by Joan Kwon Glass - November 25, 2022
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Night Swim by Joan Kwon Glass - November 24, 2022
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Night Swim by Joan Kwon Glass - November 23, 2022