Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of literary journals and published chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats, Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that have reached the end of their run.
The graphic design internship position will run from September 15, 2021 to March 15, 2022. The graphic design intern will assist with creating promotional graphics, digital flyers, logos, social media images, and brochures, etc. Responsibilities may also include designing the interior and exterior of e-books, formatting manuscripts, and/or designing and editing promotional materials. Applicants must be self-motivated and be able to work on a strict deadline.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Graphic design or visual art experience
- Knowledge of contemporary literature a plus
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicare and tehrefore are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid intership, all interns will gain real-worl experience in the designing books and promotional materials for a nationally recognized press while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position by September 1, 2021 to the Executive Director, Erin Elizabeth Smith at email@example.com.
For more information, visit our website.
- Lyric Essentials: Shannon Wolf Reads Olivia Gatwood - September 15, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 15, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 14, 2021