Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress is also home to the Sundress Academy for the Arts, a writer’s residency and arts collective in Knoxville, TN.
The Director of Prospect Research will work directly with our Development Director to research, review, and propose grant opportunities, perform web-based research, keep grant tracking spreadsheets and calendars up to date, draft general grant language, and meet monthly with our team.
- Experience with web-based research
- Strong organizational, creative, problem-solving, and written communication skills
- A keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- A passion for contemporary literature and community arts programs
- Knowledge of arts administration and/or grant writing a plus, but not required
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate, and, therefore, are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area. Depending on grant cycles, the weekly time commitment for this position will fall between 2 to 10 hours. This position will run from late July through December, 2021 with a chance to be renewed.
While this is a volunteer position, all staff members receive mentorship and gain real-world experience with a nationally recognized press and arts organization, creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities.
To apply, please send a resume and brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to the Development Director, Korrin Bishop, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by July 5th, 2021.
- Lyric Essentials: Shannon Wolf Reads Olivia Gatwood - September 15, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 15, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Where the Wolf by Sally Rosen Kindred - September 14, 2021