Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, runs Poets in Pajamas, an online reading series, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that have reached the end of their run.
The graphic design internship position will run from March 15, 2021 to September 15, 2021. The design intern will assist with creating promotional graphics, digital flyers, logos, social media images, and brochures, etc. Responsibilites may also include designing the interior and exterior of e-books, formatting manuscripts, and/or designing and editing promotional materials. Applicants must be self motivated and be able to work on a strict deadline.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Graphic design or visual art experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Knowledge of contemporary literature a plus
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid internship, all interns will gain real-world experience in designing books and promotional materials for a nationally recognized press while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to our Managing Editor, Erin Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20, 2021.
- Lyric Essentials: Rogan Kelly Reads Rowan Ricardo Phillips - January 19, 2022
- Call for Submissions: A Body You Talk To: An Anthology of Contemporary Disability - January 17, 2022
- Sundress Reads: Review of Learning to Love a Western Sky - January 17, 2022