Moving forward into 2021, Sundress Academy for the Arts has updated our residency pricing structure to reflect our continuing anti-racist work.
Each farmhouse residency now costs $300/week, which includes a room of one’s own, as well as access to our communal kitchen, bathroom, office, and living space, plus wireless internet.
We are now also using a reparations payment model for our farmhouse residencies, which consists of the following:
- 3 reparation weeks of equally divided payments for Black and/or Indigenous identifying writers at $150/week
- 3 discounted weeks of equally divided payments for BIPOC writers at $250/week
- 6 equitable weeks of equally divided payments at $300/week
Alongside these new rates, SAFTA will also now be offering three full fellowships a year (Spring, Summer, and Fall) for Black and/or Indigenous identifying writers.
Black and/or Indigenous identifying writers are also invited to apply for a $350 support grant to help cover the costs of food, travel, childcare, and/or any other needs while they are at the residency. We are currently able to offer two of these grants per residency period (spring/summer/fall).
Residencies in the Writers Coop remain $150/week and include your own private dry cabin as well as access to the farmhouse amenities.
The application fees remain waived for all writers of color as well as any writer applying for financial need. All paid application fees will fund support grants for Black and/or Indigenous writers.
- Lyric Essentials: Rachel Stempel Reads Joshua Clover - April 14, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Fog by Dakotah Jennifer - April 14, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Fog by Dakotah Jennifer - April 13, 2021