Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, runs Poets in Pajamas, an online reading series, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that have reached the end of their run.
The editorial internship position will run from January 1 to July 1, 2021. The editorial intern’s responsibilities can include writing press releases, composing blog posts and promotional emails, proofreading manuscripts, assembling press kits, collating editorial data, research, managing spreadsheets, and more. The intern may also be responsible for writing copy, conducting interviews with Sundress authors, reviewing newly released books, and promoting our catalog of titles.
Preferred qualifications include:
· A keen eye for proofreading
· Strong written communication skills
· Familiarity with WordPress, Microsoft Word, and Google Suite
· Ability to work under a deadline and multitask
· Knowledge of and interest in contemporary literature a plus
This is a REMOTE internship with the team communicating primarily via email and text messages and is therefore not restricted to applicants living in any particular geographic area. Interns are asked to devote 10 hours per week to their assignments.
While this is an unpaid internship, all interns will gain real-world experience of the ins and outs of independent publishing with a nationally recognized press while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities. Interns will also be able to attend all workshops at the Sundress Academy for the Arts at cost.
We welcome, encourage, and are enthusiastic to see a diverse array of applicants in all areas, including race, ethnicity, disability, gender, class, religion, education, immigration status, and more.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to incoming Staff Director Kanika Lawton at email@example.com by November 20, 2020.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 27, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 26, 2023
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: For Daughters Who Walk Out Like Sons by Komal Mathew - January 25, 2023