Doubleback Press revives works that were previously published by small independent presses that closed during the twenty-first century, causing new, exciting works to be lost before their time. The Doubleback Books imprint (an imprint of Sundress Publications) which creates E-publications for out-of-print books and collections, is looking for a new Managing Editor.
· Coordinating open reading periods, reading and evaluating submissions, and discussing submissions with the editorial staff
· Handling publication contracts and supporting the publication process from development through launch
· Overseeing and collaborating with Doubleback genre editors
· Helping writers identify publishing opportunities and build relationships with publishers and agents using Duotrope and other literary outreach resources/tools
· Writing blurbs, press releases, and other public relations material for dissemination
· Coordinating with Doubleback Review’s and Sundress Publications’s marketing and social media staff
· Cross-walking with Sundress Publications’s staff and other imprints
· Supporting Sundress Publications’s products and its mission
· Managing email, submissions, and author communications
Required qualifications for this role include:
· Publishing experience
· Excellent written communication skills
· Knowledge of contemporary literature
· Familiarity with Duotrope and the literary agent and publishing communities
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and G-Suite products
This is a remote position requiring approximately 2-10 hours of work per week. Additionally, Doubleback Books believes that diversity enriches the human experience and improves the overall quality of materials that we publish. Thus, we encourage individuals from all geographic locations, individuals of color, transgender and non-binary individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Doubleback Books is part of Sundress Publications, a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit literary press collective founded in 2000 that publishes chapbooks and full-length collections in both print and digital formats, and hosts numerous literary journals, an online reading series, and the Best of the Net Anthology.
The entire Sundress Publications collective is staffed entirely by passionate volunteers, so this position, like all others at the press, is currently unpaid.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter by August 31, 2020 detailing your interest to the current Sundress Publications Managing Editor, Erin Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Look Alive by Luiza Flynn-Goodlett - October 22, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Look Alive by Luiza Flynn-Goodlett - October 21, 2021
- Sundress Academy for the Arts Announces Winners of Spring 2022 Residency Fellowships - October 20, 2021