Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that have reached the end of their run.
Our editorial board members’ responsibilities primarily include reading manuscripts for contests, open reading periods, and solicited submissions, but they can also include soliciting manuscripts, reviewing residency applications, serving as a contest reader or judge, writing/curating features for our blog, and more.
Required qualifications include:
- Knowledge of contemporary literature
- Strong written communication skills
- Exemplary literary citizenship
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- An interest in book design
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore are not restricted to living in any particular location. We are particularly interested in applications from writers of color, transgender and nonbinary writers, and writers with disabilities.
Sundress Publications is staffed entirely by passionate volunteers, so this postion, as with all positions at the press, is unpaid. We are beginning fundraising efforts and hope to pay our editors a small stipend beginning in 2021.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to our Managing Editor, Erin Elizabeth Smith at email@example.com. Applications are due by August 20, 2020.
For more information, visit our website at www.sundresspublications.com.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Pretty to Think So by Samantha Edmonds - November 27, 2020
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Pretty to Think So by Samantha Edmonds - November 26, 2020
- Lyric Essentials: Emma Hine Reads Elizabeth Alexander - November 25, 2020