Stirring Themed Issue:
Digital Defense, Celebrating Work from 2020 graduates
Stirring: A Literary Collection is calling for submissions from the 2020 graduating class of both undergraduate and graduate student writers and visual artists.
When graduate students, and some undergraduate students, come to the conclusion of their degree pursuits, they are often asked to defend their understanding of the field and showcase their work. This comes in many forms, depending on the focus of the degree, and can be performed through a book-length dissertation, an exhibition of their creative work, an oral presentation, or even a reading of creative work.
Usually this season is a time of celebrating achievements with friends, family, peers, and mentors, but the class of 2020 has been faced with a particular challenge in the current climate of social distancing. At Stirring, we want to take the time to celebrate this work with our summer themed issue: Digital Defense.
If you are a 2020 graduate wishing to celebrate your work, please send:
- up to 5 poems to Luci Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- up to 5,000 words of fiction/flash fiction to Shaun Turner at email@example.com
- up to 5,000 words of creative nonfiction to Gabe Montesanti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- up to 10 pieces of visual art as an attachment to Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
Please include a bio, website link (if applicable), and the school and degree program from which you are graduating.
Deadline HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO June 10, 2020. Please include the words “DIGITAL DEFENSE” in the subject line of your email submission. If you would like to read full submission guidelines, visit www.stirringlit.com/submit.
More info at www.stiringlit.com.
- Sundress Announces the Release of Nicole Arocho Hernández’s I Have No Ocean - February 26, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: The Animal At Your Side by Megan Alpert - February 26, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: The Animal At Your Side by Megan Alpert - February 25, 2021