Doubleback Books is Looking for Authors of Out-of-Print Books
At Doubleback Books, we believe that out of print should not mean out of mind. Although other publishers rescue works that have fallen into the public domain from obscurity, few reprint books from small, independent presses that have folded during the twenty-first century and (often through no fault of their own) left new, exciting books to go out of print before their time.
If you are the author of a book that has recently gone out of print because the press closed, we want to read it. We are hosting an open reading period in June-August 2019. Authors of works that have gone out of print due to the closure of the original press may submit full-length or short books, including novels, novellas, chapbooks, short story collections, poetry collections, essay collections, and memoirs. To be eligible, works must have been both published and out of print after 2000.
Accepted manuscripts will be released as free downloadable e-books on the Sundress Publications website. Previous titles include Colleen S. Harris’s These Terrible Sacraments, Virginia Chase Sutton’s What Brings You to Del Amo, and Sarah J. Sloat’s In the Voice of a Minor Saint.
To submit, email the following to email@example.com:
- Your manuscript(s) in .PDF or .DOC format
- A brief cover letter in the body of the email telling us a little bit about your work and yourself, and noting the genre of the manuscript
- The name of the manuscript’s original publisher
- The name and contact information of the publisher’s former editor-in-chief, if available.
Please note: we do not republish translated work or previously self-published work.
Doubleback Books is an imprint of Sundress Publications. More information can be found HERE.
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Ghost Moose by Margo Taft Stever - September 24, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Ghost Moose by Margo Taft Stever - September 23, 2021
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: Ghost Moose by Margo Taft Stever - September 22, 2021