Now Hiring Editorial Interns
Sundress Publications is an entirely volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit publishing collective founded in 2000 that hosts a variety of online journals and publishes chapbooks, full-length collections, and literary anthologies in both print and digital formats. Sundress also publishes the annual Best of the Net Anthology, celebrating the best work published online, and the Gone Dark Archives, preserving online journals that
have reached the end of their run.
The editorial internship position will run from January to July 2019. The editorial intern’s responsibilities an include writing press releases, composing blog posts and promotional emails, proofreading manuscripts, assembling press kits, collating editorial data, and more. The intern may also be responsible for writing copy, conducting interviews with Sundress authors, and promoting our catalog of titles.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A keen eye for proof-reading
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with WordPress or HTML
- Ability to work under a deadline
- Knowledge of contemporary literature a plus
Applicants are welcome to telecommunicate and therefore are not restricted to living in the Knoxville area.
While this is an unpaid internship, all interns will gain real-world experience in the ins and outs of independent publishing with a nationally recognized press while creating a portfolio of work for future employment opportunities. Interns will also be able to attend all workshops at the Sundress Academy for the Arts at cost.
To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position to our Staff Director, Anna Black at email@example.com by December 15, 2018.
- Sundress Reads: A Review of Hello. This is Jane. - September 25, 2020
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: FROM THE LAKE HOUSE: A Mother’s Odyssey of Loss and Love by Kristen Rademacher - September 25, 2020
- Meet Our New Editorial Board Member: Sherrel McLafferty - September 24, 2020